ZS4-4 CPU faults - replacement may not be required -> BIOS Issue
(Doc ID 2044717.1)
Last updated on MARCH 23, 2021
Applies to:Oracle ZFS Storage ZS4-4 - Version All Versions and later
7000 Appliance OS (Fishworks)
There have been several reported incidents of CPU faults reported on the ZS4-4 Storage Appliance.
These appear to be transient errors and can be cleared BUT may re-appear on reboot.
These do not actually appear to be CPU hardware issues (CPU replacement is generally NOT required), but are a result of a 'downrev' BIOS issue.
This issue may manifest itself as an 'unexpected' reboot of the system.
The CPU 'fault' may be shown as a faulty component and various associated FMA/alerts/faults displayed in the logs, including :
- CPU shown as 'faulted' in the BUI 'maintenance hardware' view
- Maintenance problem code = SPX86A-8002-RK or SPX86A-8002-H0
- 'fmadm' - Fault class : fault.io.intel.iio.vtd-fatal
- 'fmadm' - Fault class : fault.io.intel.iio.pcie-fatal
- Alert description 'An event was received indicating a fault was diagnosed by another fault manager' (code is SPX86A-8002-H0 and/or SPX86A-8002-RK)
- ILOM snapshot information:
- Uncorrectable CPU-complex Error
- fault = fault.cpu.intel.timeout@/SYS
Example: CPU shown as 'faulted' in the BUI 'maintenance hardware' view
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document