Last updated on JULY 29, 2016
Applies to:Solaris Operating System - Version 10 1/13 U11 to 11.2 [Release 10.0 to 11.0]
Oracle Solaris on x86-64 (64-bit)
This issue can occur in the following releases on the x86/x64 platform:
- Solaris 10 without patch 150401-30
- Solaris 11.2 without SRU13 or newer
x86 systems with Xeon CPUs can be affected by performance issues and process hangs related to the deep C state power saving mechanisms. Symptoms are
- Runable processes are assigned to a CPU. They were put on a CPU's dispatch queue, but they will not be executed.
- The CPU is in the current_cstate 3.
- The CPU is running the idle thread with priority -1, though it has threads with a higher priority in its run or dispatch queue.
On a live system or in a crash dump you could for example see that a process is runnable , but it was not put on the CPU:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms