SPARC M7 Series Servers : Upgrade Sun System Firmware From 9.4.3.d to 9.5.2.g or later
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2017
Applies to:SPARC M7-16 - Version All Versions and later
SPARC M7-8 - Version All Versions and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This task contains special instructions that you must perform to upgrade the Sun System Firmware from version 9.4.3.d to 9.5.2.g or later. Allocate at least four hours to perform this task.
Download the firmware package and the Oracle Solaris miniroot fallback image from My Oracle Support (https://support.oracle.com) before you begin this procedure.
Details on what to download can be found in:
- SPARC M7 Series Servers : Firmware Image Software Version Matrix Information (Doc ID 1967048.1)
- Oracle Solaris 11.3 Support Repository Updates (SRU) Index (Doc ID 2045311.1)
Important Notes :
- This procedure does not apply to SPARC T7 Servers,
- Sun System Firmware version 9.5.2.g or later requires updates to the FPGAs,
- Perform all updates to the FPGAs, including all required power cycles, before you upgrade the firmware to version 9.5.2.g or later.
- The HW Programmables 1.0.6 README for the FPGAs update on My Oracle Support contains a link to a MOS article that includes instructions on how to update the FPGAs.
- You must perform all of the steps before you upgrade the firmware.
- Refer to SPARC M7 Series Servers: Firmware for the Various Hardware Components Used on SPARC M7 SeriesServers, Doc ID 2076387.1
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms