BDA Server ILOM GUI Storage Information on Disks Returns "Health: Not Available" on Healthy Disks
(Doc ID 2111193.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 24, 2019
Applies to:Big Data Appliance X5-2 Full Rack - Version All Versions and later
The symptoms are as follows:
1. On a BDA server with healthy disks, viewing disk storage information in the ILOM GUI reports the disk health as "Not Available". For example:
2. Logging into the ILOM GUI and navigating: System Information > Storage > Disks, shows output like:
3. Checking the ILOM snapshot file: ilom/@usr@local@bin@collect_properties.out, shows that /System/Storage is "health = Not Available". The output also shows that "Comprehensive System monitoring is not available.".
health = Not Available
health_details = Comprehensive System monitoring is not available.
Ensure the host is running with the Hardware
Management Pack. For details go to
installed_disks = 12
max_disks = 14
installed_disk_size = Not Available
add_on_disks = Not Available
add_on_disk_size = Not Available
logical_volumes = Not Available
disk_controllers = Not Available
4. Based on the above output, checking the status of the Hardware Management Agent daemon, hwmgmtd, which regularly polls the service processor for information about the current state of the server, shows that it is down on the server.
5. However checking the MegaCli64 output from "bdadiag snapshot" on the server shows that the disks are in good health.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document