SL3000 - Reported Problems After Reconfiguring the Library Partitions
(Doc ID 2130538.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2018
Applies to:Sun StorageTek SL3000 Modular Library System - Version All Versions and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Multiple sites have reported problems after re-configuring the library Partitions.
Partition configuration issue.
- After deleting partition_2 drives in partition_1 are no longer assigned to partition_1.
- Customer added a drive to partition 1 and the drive was given a duplicate element ID.
- After a drive was added to a partition, drives in partition_1 were no longer assigned to partition_1.
- Unexpected element id changes to existing drives after a partition reconfiguration.
- Partition changes are architected to be done dynamically except to the partition being updated, some of the drive and element id issues did not show up until after the library was rebooted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document