Last updated on JANUARY 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance X5-2 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Kernel parameters are incorrect after upgrading / patching the ODA.
The Kernel parameters are now the same as the factory default even though changes were made to best match available resources after a Memory / DIMM upgrade.
This may lead to error messages stating that resources may not be sufficient or are incorrect to startup database, processes or applications.
- ODA physical memory upgrade on the ODA beyond the base size ( e.g. 256g)
- OS Kernel parameters changed to use the improved memory available
- Patch bundle / Upgrade applied
- Kernel parameters previously set for the improved memory resources change back to the old memory values
- OS warnings that parameters are not set properly or resources can not be started due to OS kernel parameter settings
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms