ODA: After a DIMM Upgrade Several Key OS Kernel Values Were Reset Back to the Original Values After ODA patching / Upgrade - Bug 25192165
(Doc ID 2218451.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance X5-2 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Kernel parameters are incorrect after upgrading / patching the ODA.
The Kernel parameters are now the same as the factory default even though changes were made to best match available resources after a Memory / DIMM upgrade.
This may lead to error messages stating that resources may not be sufficient or are incorrect to startup database, processes or applications.
- ODA physical memory upgrade on the ODA beyond the base size ( e.g. 256g)
- OS Kernel parameters changed to use the improved memory available
- Patch bundle / Upgrade applied
- Kernel parameters previously set for the improved memory resources change back to the old memory values
- OS warnings that parameters are not set properly or resources can not be started due to OS kernel parameter settings
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!