Customer Queries On ODA Storage/Resize ACFS filesystem
(Doc ID 2221700.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 14, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance X5-2 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A. we are migrating EBS database to ODA BASE as per document “ http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-appliance/oda-ebs-virtualized-wp-2183063.pdf
as per page 11 we need to perform step "oakcli create dbstorage –db PROD"
as per the admin guide we need to select a template out of the following 8
Please select one of the following for Database Class [1 .. 8] :
1 => odb-01s ( 1 cores , 4 GB memory)
2 => odb-01 ( 1 cores , 8 GB memory)
3 => odb-02 ( 2 cores , 16 GB memory)
4 => odb-04 ( 4 cores , 32 GB memory)
5 => odb-06 ( 6 cores , 48 GB memory)
6 => odb-12 ( 12 cores , 96 GB memory)
7 => odb-16 ( 16 cores , 128 GB memory)
8 => odb-24 ( 24 cores , 192 GB memory)
1. How number of cores and memory is related to storage configuration?
2. How dbstorage template CPU and memory configuration is related to ODA_BASE CPU and memory configuration ?
3. What will be the criteria for Database license ODA_BASE CPU or the CPU's from template ?
4. We currently have ODA_BASE configured with 6 CPU's(12 cores) and 32 GB memory, can we use template 6 odb-12 in this case ? if not how best we can map the existing ODA_BASE resources with dbstorage.
5. If we configure using template odb-12 now, advise the possible options to increase the CPU, memory and storage for future requirements.
B. How to resize the ACFS filesystem (Increase/Decrease) once the db storage is created?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document