Customer Queries On ODA Storage/Resize ACFS filesystem
(Doc ID 2221700.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance X5-2 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A. We are migrating EBS database to ODA BASE as per document “ http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-appliance/oda-ebs-virtualized-wp-2183063.pdf
Solution-in-a-box: Best practices for deploying Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.4 on Oracle Database Appliance 184.108.40.206
as per page 11 we need to perform step "oakcli create dbstorage –db PROD"
as per the admin guide we need to select a template out of the following 8
Please select one of the following for Database Class [1 .. 8] :
1 => odb-01s ( 1 cores , 4 GB memory)
2 => odb-01 ( 1 cores , 8 GB memory)
3 => odb-02 ( 2 cores , 16 GB memory)
4 => odb-04 ( 4 cores , 32 GB memory)
5 => odb-06 ( 6 cores , 48 GB memory)
6 => odb-12 ( 12 cores , 96 GB memory)
7 => odb-16 ( 16 cores , 128 GB memory)
8 => odb-24 ( 24 cores , 192 GB memory)
1. How number of cores and memory is related to storage configuration?
2. How dbstorage template CPU and memory configuration is related to ODA_BASE CPU and memory configuration ?
3. What will be the criteria for Database license ODA_BASE CPU or the CPU's from template ?
4. We currently have ODA_BASE configured with 6 CPU's(12 cores) and 32 GB memory, can we use template 6 odb-12 in this case ? if not how best we can map the existing ODA_BASE resources with dbstorage.
5. If we configure using template odb-12 now, advise the possible options to increase the CPU, memory and storage for future requirements.
B. How to resize the ACFS filesystem (Increase/Decrease) once the db storage is created?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document