ODA New Features for 188.8.131.52.0 High Availability
(Doc ID 2268937.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance X4-2 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Oracle Database Appliance X3-2 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Oracle Database Appliance - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ODA, ODAVP, ODA X5-2, ODA X4-2, ODA X3-2, ODA V1, ODA Patch, ODA Downloads, ODA Upgrade, ODA Update,
What's new in 184.108.40.206.0
There are no feature updates for 220.127.116.11.0
- Primarily a Patch release. The features documented below is part of the 18.104.22.168.0 release and are not specific to 22.214.171.124 except for the DB PSU updates
- Out-of-place update Grid Infrastructure from 126.96.36.199.x or 188.8.131.52.x to 184.108.40.206.0.
- Oracle Database Patch Set Update (PSU) 220.127.116.11.4 and 18.104.22.168.12.
- OL 5.10 UEK2 update
- OVM 3.2.8 update
- Support for oracle data files on Oracle ACFS based filesystems with the database homes 22.214.171.124.2 or higher. By default all new databases are created on ACFS filesystems.
- Support for 12c Container Databases creation via oakcli command with the database home 126.96.36.199.0 or higher.
- Snapshot database can be created by taking 'ACFS snapshot' of the datafiles of another running database and recovering them till the 'snapshot time'.
The source database must be using ACFS storage, either created using 'oakcli' or manually migrated to ACFS. This is only for the non-cdb databases.
- New oakcli command ‘oakcli validate –c ospatch’ would precheck whether OS patching would be successful or not.
- New oakcli interface to create, show, delete vdisks.
- Users can modify VM to attach or detach vdisk.
- Repo can be a complete traditional VM or a snapshot copy of an existing vmtemplate or VM in the repo.
- New oakcli command ‘oakcli manage diagcollect --storage’ should come in handy whenever customers working with the support for the storage issue.
Use this command to collect all storage related files to collect and send to Oracle support in one tar gz file .
- STIG is now written in python and improved with lot of enhancements and bug fixes. It is out of sync with STIG shell script version. The shell script version of STIG is obsolete.
Downloads for 188.8.131.52.0 are available using My Oracle Support "Patches and Updates" include:
|19690105||ORACLE DATABASE APPLIANCE PATCH BUNDLE 184.108.40.206.0 (Patch)||220.127.116.11.0||Linux x86-64 (American English)||Oracle Database Appliance Software||2+ years ago||6.4 GB|
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!