SPARC T5-4 stuck on Reconfiguring System (Hostconfig) after passing POST
(Doc ID 2273241.1)
Last updated on MARCH 15, 2021
Applies to:SPARC T5-4 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
SPARC T5-8 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
SPARC T4-4 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
SPARC T3-4 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
SPARC T5-4 server got stuck on "Reconfiguring System" after having a max POST and passing successfully from Initializing Memory stage. After 40 minutes the system goes off.
The following example messages were found within the ILOM Snapshot each time the system got stuck on "Reconfiguring System" stage:
2017-06-01 20:29:42.163 0:0:0>Setup CPU MBISI
2017-06-01 20:29:42.507 0:0:0>POST Phase Complete
2017-06-01 20:29:42.517 0:0:0>POST Exit reason = 0
2017-06-01 20:29:42.526 0:0:0>Board Phase runtime: 00:13:22, Total CPUs 512, Total DRAM 1024 GB
2017-06-01 20:29:42.543 0:0:0>End of POST
2017-06-01 20:29:48 2:00:0> NOTICE: SPARC-T5 Revision 1.2 Speed 3600MHz
2017-06-01 20:29:48 3:00:0> NOTICE: SPARC-T5 Revision 1.2 Speed 3600MHz
2017-06-01 20:29:48 0:00:0> NOTICE: SPARC-T5 Revision 1.2 Speed 3600MHz
2017-06-01 20:29:48 1:00:0> NOTICE: SPARC-T5 Revision 1.2 Speed 3600MHz
2017-06-01 20:30:06 0:00:0> NOTICE: Initializing Memory
2017-06-01 20:30:47 0:00:0> NOTICE: Reconfiguring System <------------ System sits there
There was a firmware update activity to version 9.6.8.b
Troubleshooting done without good results:
1) Customer upgraded the FW to the latest level.
2) Host didn't finish the POST. Got hung after "Reconfiguring System" . Customer waited for more than 40min and no success.
3) Removed all the power cables, waited 1min and reinstalled. The same problem.
4) Tried to downgrade the FW to the original level 9.5.1.b and the same problem.
5) Tried to remove the Power Cables and Fiber Cables. Reinstalled only the Power cables and the same problem.
6) Set the bootmode to factory default. The same problem.
7) Reset the SP to factory default and the same problem.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!