Seamless Applications Provisioned by Secure Global Desktop Assume Window Focus on Mouse Over Event
(Doc ID 2300390.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 23, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Secure Global Desktop - Version 5.2 to 5.3 [Release 5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Secure Global Desktop Administrator may receive reports from users that a 'mouse over' event on SGD applications provisioned with the "Seamless" display modality may take focus from local applications running on the client.
This behavior appears to be specific to the Seamless Window Manager (SWM).
To demonstrate this example, consider the following configuration scenario:
- Tier 1 (Client) : Windows 7
- Tier 2 (SGD) : 5.20.903 on Oracle Linux
- Tier 3 (Application) : Windows 2008 R2 - "Chrome"
To reproduce this report:
- Have the user connect to Secure Global Desktop, and launch the SWM Chrome Application.
- Launch a second local application, for example, Notepad.
- Overlap the notepad over the corner of the provisioned Chrome window, giving the windows application focus.
- Move the cursor over one of application widgets of the Chrome window, which will cause both a tooltip and the status bar at the bottom (displaying the link target) to appear.
In some scenarios, this action will cause the running Chrome SWM window to take focus from the Notepad, while remaining in the application stacking order.
This behavior has also been seen on Linux clients.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document