SPARC S7-2L 24 SFF Drive Cage Configuration Guidelines
(Doc ID 2315634.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 10, 2017
Applies to:SPARC S7-2L - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Provide guidelines for installing mixed drive types within the 24 SFF disk backplane (SPARC S7-2L only)
The 24 SFF (Small Form Factor) Drive Cage configurations include 2 Rear SFF Disks for a total of 26 disks
- Disks of larger capacity are more likely intended for data storage as opposed to the Operating System (OS)
- Use smaller HDDs as OS disks, but generally do not use the SAS SSDs as OS disks
- SAS SSDs are likely intended for high-performance caching operations, and so should not be used for OS installation
- SAS HDDs and SAS SSDs may be installed in all 26 disk bays
- SFF SAS HDDs and SSDs may also be installed in the 2 rear disk bays (Rear HDD0 and HDD1)
- NVMe Disks are required to be installed in HDD3, HDD4, HDD19, HDD20 (aka. NVMe bay 0-3)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document