Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance: Replication Fails with Connection Timeouts
(Doc ID 2337026.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 24, 2019
Applies to:Oracle ZFS Storage ZS5-4 - Version All Versions and later
Oracle ZFS Storage ZS5-2 - Version All Versions and later
Oracle ZFS Storage ZS4-4 - Version All Versions and later
Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 - Version All Versions and later
Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 - Version All Versions and later
7000 Appliance OS (Fishworks)
- Using two VNICs which were then paired into active/passive IPMP interface
- VLANs were in use and the VNICs were both assigned the same VLAN
- MTU was 9000
- Target and source were configured similarly
- The ports 216 and 217 ( in fact there was no firewall between ) were open
- We could see that when a replication was started it successfully bound to the target
- snoop indicated packet flow initially , but stopped totally after about 20 seconds
- Source eventually failed with: errmsg = stage 'client_connect' failed: ssl connection timed out
- Target failed with: error = ak_stream_buffer_reader() failed: SSL read i/o system call
Replication had been working, then some network changes had been made.
Now we see that replication starts, source connects to target TCP/IP ports, but then times out without sending any data
On the source:
Network changes had been made.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document