Request Detailed Info On Password Aging In Diameter Signaling Router (DSR) Mixed Software Environment
(Doc ID 2359372.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 31, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications Diameter Signaling Router (DSR) - Version DSR 7.3.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Requesting detailed info on Password Aging in a mixed software environment.
The NOAM has been upgraded to 7.3.1, but the SOAMs are still on 5.1.0-51.20.1.
We have been advised to run the Inhibit Password Aging workaround procedure in all remaining sites that are on the 5.1.0 software.
Reference to the Appendix M-1 of Oracle 7.3.1 software upgrade Procedure
We have some specific questions regarding the script, and how it functions.
The text file to be added in each SOAM running 5.1.0 sw is as follows:
- Lines 1, 4 and 5 have brackets. What are these lines for, are they needed?
- Lines 2 and 3 have no value after the = , is this still correct?
- How is password aging currently being done now, is there a difference between 5.1.0 and 7.3.1 software environments?
- Where is password aging being enforced, NOAM or SOAMs?
- Is there another way to get around individual users that have passwords expired?
- Are there any applications or processes that read or reference this new workaround script that might be impacted?
- What does the "clearCache" command actually do?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document