Internet Explorer Hangs after Successful Authentication with Secure Global Desktop, with Client Running
Last updated on MAY 16, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Secure Global Desktop - Version 5.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users may report difficulty connecting to a Secure Global Desktop (SGD) 5.4 deployment using the new "Installed" client modality with Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) browser.
In this scenario, the user has successfully installed the new SGD 5.4 Client for Windows on their local device, and has directed IE to the authentication page of their SGD server, where:
- The user can authenticate without error, and browser prompts (correctly) to open the registered SGD Client Application.
- After the user agrees to this prompt, they may see the SGD Client successfully launch and display in the system tray of their local desktop, however,
- The originating IE tab will appear to be hung on the "Loading..." page, which does not redirect to render the user's expected webtop / workspace.
- This behavior is not seen when the user selects an alternate supported browser on the same client device, such as Google's Chrome.
- The user may find that this behavior is not shown if the installed SGD client is manually started on the local device, and used to initiate the connection to the SGD server.
Sophisticated users may be guided to verify this particular hang using Internet Explorer's built-in "F12 Debugger," which will show that the browser is hung upon the following code snippet within tcc_nowebsocket.jsp:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms