Production ODA VMs Went Into UNKNOWN State, Base Nodes Had Load Average Of 130, High I/O Wait and Even df -k Command Can Hang
(Doc ID 2413087.1)
Last updated on APRIL 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance X5-2 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- VM unresponsive going into UNKNOWN state
- then all the VM's that were running on the two nodes disappeared.
- high load average (> 130) on basenode with high CPU I/O wait utilization
- "df -h" where NFS mounts appear to be hung.
- servers experienced I/O on loop devices that belong to VMs which causes the hang on VMs
- while investigating the oakcli command showed no repo filesystems present -- (athough they were still showing as mounted).
- "crsctl check crs" could not communicate to the cluster ready services.
'...Using the srvctl command from ODA_BASE would hang...'
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!