Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance: Veritas OST Plug-in - latest patch update
(Doc ID 2413447.1)
Last updated on JULY 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle ZFS Storage ZS5-4 - Version All Versions and later
Oracle ZFS Storage ZS5-2 - Version All Versions and later
Oracle ZFS Storage ZS4-4 - Version All Versions and later
Oracle ZFS Backup Appliance ZS5-2 - Version All Versions and later
Oracle ZFS Backup Appliance ZS5-4 - Version All Versions and later
7000 Appliance OS (Fishworks)
This document applies to Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance Veritas OST Plug-in v2.0.0, v2.0.1, v2.0.2, v2.0.3. The latest version (v2.0.4) is attached in this document.
- The inline de-duplication option of the plug-in supports only the "Standard" and "MS-Windows" policies. For all other policies like "NDMP", "VMware", etc, the inline de-duplication option must be disabled.
Problems fixed since v2.0.0. :
- Bug 28890993 - OST plug-in fails communicating with appliance after upgrading the appliance software to OS 8.8. “New Storage Server” will be successful for adding the appliance credentials. After that, the next step, i.e., “Create a disk pool …” or “New Disk Pool” will fail with error messages like “Media server with connectivity: no entity was found(227) …”
- Bug 28129021 - Plug-in deletes backup image files and plug-in configuration files after duplication job failures. In the deduplication enabled configurations, backup images and plug-in configuration files may be deleted after duplication failure. This issue does not happen in non-deduplication configurations.
- Bug 28180504 - Backup jobs report backup finished before committed to disk. This issue does not happen in non-deduplication configurations.
- Bug 28208193 - Duplication jobs fails when using non-management IPs for remote replication.
- The log file (ost.log) rolls over to ost_OLD.log file when it grows to 250 MB. The previous limit was 200 MB.
- When duplication jobs fail as the storage appliance is too busy with I/O and/or the remote replication becomes too slow, the plug-in returns STS_EBUSY (object is busy). Previous return code in the case was STS_EINVAL (invalid argument).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document