ILOM configuration on X6 database and storage servers is cleared after updating Exadata software to 22.214.171.124. or 18.1.
(Doc ID 2438431.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Applies to:Exadata X6-2 Hardware - Version All Versions and later
Oracle Exadata Storage Server Software - Version 126.96.36.199.7 to 188.8.131.52.8 [Release 12.2]
Oracle Exadata Storage Server Software - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 12.2]
Exadata X6-8 Hardware - Version All Versions and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Due to <bug 28185013> ILOM configuration is cleared after updating an X6-2 database server or X6-2L storage server (supplied with both X6-2 and X6-8 systems) to one of the following releases:
Note the following details about this issue:
- When this issue occurs, ILOM configuration is returned back to factory default. Affected settings include the following: root password, hostname, system_identifier, network configuration (ipaddress, ipnetmask, ipgateway, managementport), DNS configuration, NTP configuration, additional ILOM users.
- Only some X6-2 and/or X6-2L servers are affected. Run the operating system command "dmidecode -s chassis-serial-number | cut -c1-4" as the root user. If the output is "1744" or higher, then the server would be affected by this issue during update to one of the affected releases shown above.
- X6-8 database servers are not affected.
- Database server or storage server updates are unaffected (i.e. updates to the affected releases succeed, even when this issue occurs).
- Grid infrastructure, databases, and other software are unaffected.
- Access to ILOM from the operating system root user with the ipmitool command using the default open KCS interface is unaffected.
- However, system access or monitoring through ILOM will be unavailable after this issue occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document