Release Announcement - Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12.3.3 - JIDR1 Available
(Doc ID 2448093.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 28, 2021
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Ops Center - Version 12.3.0 to 12.3.0 [Release 12.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OC 12.3.3, Ops Center 12.3.3, OC 12.3.3 JIDR, Ops Center 12.3.3 JIDR, EM OC 12.3.3, EM Ops Center 12.3.3, EM Ops Center 12.3.3 JIDR
- We are happy to announce the release of Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12.3.3 - JIDR1 (idr3731).
- With this release, we've added support to:
- Solaris 11.4 on the agent tiers only (11.4 is NOT SUPPORTED for Enterprise Controller or Proxy Controllers)
- Solaris 11.3 SRU 34 and upwards (Supporting JDK 1.8 Build 181 and above)
- Oracle VM Server for Sparc 3.6
- The JIDR is applicable to the following configuration:
Enterprise Controller and Proxy Controller: Solaris 11 and above (SPARC and x86)
Agent Controllers : Solaris 10 (SPARC and x86), Solaris 11.2 and above (SPARC and x86) and Linux
- The Jumbo IDR fixes 55 bugs which are listed in the JIDR README
- Please follow the README in the JIDR for instructions to install the JIDR and for a list of fixed bugs.
Link to README
Important Warnings :
- The option to upgrade the Enterprise Controller (EC) and Proxy Controller (PC) agents via the BUI is greyed out. Please do not update the Ops Center Agent version on the EC or the PC manually to the new JIDR Version as this can cause problems with upgrading the EC/PC to the next release version.
- Ensure that the Solaris 11 Library (MSR) has been initialized prior to the JIDR installation.
To verify the MSR is created:
$ pkg publisher opscenter | grep "Origin URI" | grep "oracle-oem-oc"
Origin URI: https://oracle-oem-oc-mgmt-<HOSTNAME>:8002/IPS/
- Install the JIDR on the Enterprise Controller first prior to installation on remote Proxy controllers.
- Agent Install / Upgrade check:
For Solaris 10 and Linux servers, ensure a minimum of 1.5G free space is available on the target server, before performing an agent upgrade or an installation.
- To verify the JIDR has been installed, you cannot rely on the EC Ops Center version due to the EC and PC version will remain 126.96.36.1991, while an Agent will become 188.8.131.525.
- To verify on an EC or PC that the JIDR is installed, issue the following command:
28609873: S11.1 agent provisioning fails on certificate issue.
28520856: Not able to move the ISO from one library to another
28224549: Create Oracle Solaris Zone action for Solaris 11.4 fails with non-English language
For customers who hit any of the above issues and need a resolution, please raise an SR and reach out to support and we'll have it addressed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document