Re-imaging or Re-deployments of the ODA on 12.2.x or Higher May Fail with ORA-15018 'diskgroup cannot be created' ORA-15030 'diskgroup name' " " 'is in use by another diskgroup'
(Doc ID 2483424.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Oracle Database Appliance - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ASMCMD-9454, OPW-00010, CLSRSC-428, ORA-15018, 'diskgroup cannot be created', ORA-15030, 'diskgroup name' " " 'is in use by another diskgroup'
- Oracle Database Appliance (ODA) previously deployed on 12.2.x or higher
- ODA Bare Metal
- Errors encountered during installation / deployment / redeployment
Hardware limitations: None
- This problem can happen on any hardware type including: ODA HA, ODA Lite ( S,M or L) or ODA Legacy Hardware type (V1 and higher)
Multiple symptoms are possible due to the inability to [re]create the ASM diskgroups.
- ASM diskgroups volume enabled
create diskgroup DATA NORMAL REDUNDANCY
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-15018: diskgroup cannot be created
ORA-15030: diskgroup name "DATA" is in use by another diskgroup
- Disconnected from Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 220.127.116.11.0 - 64bit Production
OPW-00010: Could not create the password file. A password file with this name is present. ◀
ASMCMD-9454: could not create new password file
.. CLSRSC-428: Existing OCR configuration found, aborting the configuration. Rerun configuration setup after deinstall. ◀
Died at <GRID_HOME>/crs/install/oraocr.pm line 1634.
The command '<GRID_HOME>/perl/bin/perl -I<GRID_HOME>/perl/lib -I<GRID_HOME>/crs/install <GRID_HOME>/crs/install/rootcrs.pl ' execution failed
- ORA-15018: diskgroup cannot be created
- ORA-15030: diskgroup name "DATA" is in use by another diskgroup
- OPW-00010: Could not create the password file.
- ASMCMD-9454: could not create new password file
- CLSRSC-428: Existing OCR configuration found
- diskgroup cannot be created
- diskgroup name "DATA" is in use by another diskgroup
- A password file with this name is present
- could not create new password file
- Rerun configuration setup after deinstall
- execution failed
- Existing OCR configuration found
Re-imaging or Re-deployments of the ODA Bare Metal on 12.2.1.x or higher
- The ODA in use has been imaged or deployed on 12.2.x at some point, even if incomplete or failed.
- Then, a second deployment or re-image and deployment has taken place on the same ODA.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document