Cannot Recognize X7 HA Storage Tray On X6-2 HA ODA
(Doc ID 2513196.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 18, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance X6-2 HA Hardware - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Oracle Database Appliance X7-2 HA Hardware - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We recently replaced the storage of X6-2HA ODA with X7-2 HA storage shelf (JBOD).
We are running v18.104.22.168 on this ODA.
We did a cleanup deploy and tried to redeploy the ODA with new storage.
However, it gave us an error in step 12.
The number of disks visible are 0.
Our questions are -
1. Are there any OS commands that can help in recognizing the new disks?
2. Should we re-install the OS again so it recognizes new disks?
3. Can we just install the drivers so it can recognize the disks, complete our deployment and then patch the ODA (Easier as we don't have physical access and mounting CD via ILO requires approvals internally).
4. What is the minimum version of OAK so it can recognize the disks?
5. The cabling and storage to see if everything is looking good hardware wise.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document