Brocade 6505 FC Switch Power Supply Module Still Alarming and Listed as Faulty Even After Replacement
(Doc ID 2564711.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2022
Applies to:Brocade 6505 Switch - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Brocade SAN Switch Hardware - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Fabric OS: v8.1.0
- faulty power supply
- power supply was replaced but it is still alarming
- Jun 28 supportsave data shows power supply #2 removed and inserted twice on June 27
- but still in faulted state
- The replacement power supply part number matches the original power supply in the switch.
When you inserted the new power supply its fan did not turn and the LED only turned on intermittently.
- Inserting a known working power supply from another switch still behaves that same and installing new power supply in other working switch works fine.
So we have eliminate the power supply itself as being the issue.
- no related defects seen in release notes
- customer has 2 fabric each with only a single switch, so should have redundant access if this switch is brought down for maintenance/upgrade
- customer will provide supportsave data from other fabric switch, just for reference
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document