ANNOUNCEMENT of 25GbE NIC Support details
(Doc ID 2569947.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 06, 2019
Applies to:Oracle ZFS Storage ZS7-2 High End - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
High-performance enterprise clouds place unique requirements on network infrastructure. To efficiently utilize the cloud’s physical resources, infrastructure must
support the network and storage needs of high-density, virtualized servers and also be capable of virtualizing L2 network infrastructure to enable virtual servers to be
interconnected with secure virtual networks. To address these demands, leading cloud deployments are embracing 25 Gb Ethernet, scaling virtualization capabilities, and
leveraging overlay network technologies.
Oracle Dual Port 25 Gb Ethernet Adapter is an ideal server interface for next-generation cloud-enabled data centers.
The adapter brings the resources necessary to unleash the full power of multicore,high-performance serversand storage systems.
Key features and benefits include:
* 25 Gb Ethernet ports:2.5x the I/O bandwidth to enable support formore virtual machines (VMs)per server
* 128 PCIe virtual functions:4x the virtual I/O resources for VMs
* Overlay network support:Virtualizesthe physical network infrastructure allowing VMs to connect to different networks through software defined networking
* RDMA over Converged Ethernet(RoCE):Accelerates applications and improves server and storage efficiency Or acle Dual Port 25 Gb Ethernet Adapter
dramatically reduces CPU and system resource utilization and consolidates software-defined I/O services for servers and storage systems, providing
the most-efficient, flexible, and high-performance server interface for cloud deployments
Oracle Dual Port 25 Gb Ethernet Adapter brings the essential features for deploying network infrastructure in
next-generation clouds to Oracle servers and storage systems. The adapter converges network and storage traffic,
dramatically expands resources for server virtualization, supports network overlays for virtualization of data center L2
network infrastructure, and enables Remote Direct Memory Access(RDMA)for acceleration of clustered applications.
25GbE NIC Support - Support for dual-port 25GbE NIC on ZFS Storage ZS7-2 models:
* Up to 5 NICs supported per controller with a total of ten 25GbE ports per controller.
* It uses the same part number that other SPARC and x86 systems use.
* Customers who want to run 10GbE can now use this 25GbE NIC with either copper or optical cabling. Prior to this, customer only had the option of the quad-10GbE but
that requires splitter cables that may not be compatible with customers’ networking cabling infrastructure.
* Important! - ATO part number 7118015 will be supported in the configurator by August 6th. In the meantime, order the x-option 7118016, which ships separately and requires
installation at customer’s site. For information about part numbers, see Product Bulletin: Announcing OS8.8.6 and 25GbE NIC Support.
See product bulletin with additional details and questions and answers in following documents.
Product Bulletin: Announcing OS8.8.6 and 25GbE NIC Support.
Oracle Dual Port 25 Gb Ethernet Adapter
Frequently Asked Questions :Oracle Dual Port 25 Gb Ethernet Adapter
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document