T8-1, T8-2, T8-4 How to update Hardware Programmables 1.0.18
(Doc ID 2604141.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2021
Applies to:SPARC T8-1 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
SPARC T8-2 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
SPARC T8-4 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This Hardware Programmables release corrects the internal parameters of certain power modules installed in SPARC T8 servers.
- Only a small number of T8 servers are impacted. Oracle will contact affected customers if this update is required.
- The Hardware Programmables update procedure is the same for T8-1, T8-2, T8-4 servers
- System firmware Patch 30371980: FIRMWARE: SPARC T8 SYSTEMS HW PROGRAMMABLES 1.0.18
- Since pulling of AC power cords is required, physical access to the system is required
- Loading of the firmware via the BUI/GUI is not supported. Use of the SP serial port connection is recommended so that the prompting of when to power cycle the system can be seen as well as unforeseen problems.
- If an attempt is made to install the Hardware_Programmables-1.0.18-SPARC_T8-1+T8-2+T8-4.pkg file on a system where the installation is not required, the installation will not update. Upon restarting of the Service Processor, the Service Processor event logs will provide additional information.
Firmware package is on MOS via:
Patch 30371980: FIRMWARE: SPARC T8 SYSTEMS HW PROGRAMMABLES 1.0.18
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document