Oracle HSM: Release 6.1-05 Release is Now Available
(Doc ID 2700396.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 11, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Hierarchical Storage Manager (HSM) and StorageTek QFS Software - Version 6.1.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Oracle HSM (SAM-QFS) 6.1-05 release (build id 6.1.59) has been available out on MOS (My Oracle Support), since August 12th, 2020.
New Features in the 6.1-05 Release:
* 30275438 Qualified OSC 4.4 with Oracle HSM 6.1-05
If using a Solaris 11.4 level, SRU 21 will be a required minimum. The HSM 6.1-05 patch release will not load on Solaris 11.4 SRUs 1 through 20 because of a change to the Solaris 'verified boot' security certificates.
A listing of all the 6.1.X bugfixes can be found in the "README.txt" of the patch download bundles.
For details on the HSM 6.1 Base release, see Document 2124212.1.
To download the HSM 6.1-05 release:
- Sign in to My Oracle Support (MOS).
- Click on the "Patches & Updates" tab near the top of the window.
- In the Patch Search pane, click on "Product or Family(Advanced Search)."
- In the Product field, type "qfs" or "hsm" and then choose 'Oracle Hierarchical Storage Manager (HSM) and StorageTek QFS Software'.
- In the Release field pulldown, select either 'Oracle Hierarchical Storage Manager (HSM) 22.214.171.124.0' for HSM or 'StorageTek QFS Software 6.1.5' for the QFS packages.
- Close the release pulldown window and click on the Search button.
- It should return the following two choices:
31736140 ORACLE HIERARCHICAL STORAGE MANAGER 6.1 PATCH 5 (Patch) 126.96.36.199.0
31736141 STORAGETEK QFS SOFTWARE 6.1 PATCH 5 (Patch) 188.8.131.52.0
- Choose 'Download' to download one of those packages.
- After unzipping that file, there will be SVR4 and IPS repositories for Solaris Sparc and x64, as well as Linux client iso images.
If using S11.4, please navigate to the "S11.4" (SVR4 packages) or "S11.4_ips" (IPS) directories.
For assistance with upgrading to the 6.1-05 release:
After installation, this release will report itself with a build id of '6.1.59'.
The HSM 6.1-05 Release Notes can be found within the downloaded zip file, in a file titled "README.txt".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|New Features in the 6.1-05 Release:|
|To download the HSM 6.1-05 release:|
|For assistance with upgrading to the 6.1-05 release:|