SL150 - Backup Software is Reporting " Cannot Find Such Device" and All Backups to Library Are Failing
(Doc ID 2703886.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 30, 2021
Applies to:StorageTek SL150 Modular Tape Library - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Initial investigation showed there was a Cartridge stuck issue in library following that the library was rebooted and library came up fine.
- How-ever the backup software was unable to resume communication with tape library.
- Investigations were made and it was confirmed that there were no pending hardware issues on library after initial reboot.
- SAN Switch , Linux OS was also performed by collaborating with respective teams and it was cleared of no issues from both SAN Switch and Linux OS team end as well.
- Going further OSB team was also involved to troubleshoot this issue and resolve.
- The backup software was able to re-establish communication back, automatically how-ever the cause was unknown, at this state a new hardware error was seen on tape library end.
- The new issue was resolved after , disconnection of FC cables from library, and the cause of issue was determined to be due continues load request issued from OSB host.
- Post issue resolution, the backups were monitored for following 3 consecutive days ,where continues backups completed successfully with out any hardware issues.
- Even though there were no existing hardware issue at this point , Proactive replacement of library robot was made since robot had a history of targeting errors.
Backup operations to the library failing with "No Such Device" Error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document