ASR Alarms and Fault Coverage For Oracle Tape Products
(Doc ID 2771769.1)
Last updated on JULY 19, 2022
Applies to:IBM LTO7 Tape Drive
IBM LTO8 Tape Drive
IBM LTO9 Tape Drive
Sun StorageTek SL8500 Modular Library System
Sun StorageTek SL3000 Modular Library System
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Provide Information for "Actionable" ASR Alarms (Events) for Tape Products
Severity: Severity set during ASR SR creation may not represent actual severity from the customers perspective or as displayed in other product interfaces. Customer should set severity as necessary once the Service Request (SR) open process is complete.
Case Creation Behaviors: For any given state change on the product:
- Multiple alarms/events could trigger at about same time, all tied back to the same root cause. In this situation, the multiple related events will be "grouped" into one SR so that the true root cause can be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Some alarms/events have thresholds set to not create SR on every occurrence. This will be noted as "Complex" in "Event Action" column.
- If an actionable alarm/event triggers that is related to an open SR, that SR will be updated with the actionable event details. That update will move the SR into a "review update" Substatus which in turn will notify the SR owner and the problem can be reassessed.
Telemetry Type and Source:
- Telemetry type is XML. Event telemetry is created on site system before being delivered to the ASR back end. The transport mechanism is XML over HTTPS.
- Source is either "SDP2" or "VTASR"
- SDP2 is a separate server at customer site that is an aggregation point for all Tape products
- VTASR is a direct or point ASR solution
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document