Opatch function in My Oracle Support produces wrong result
(Doc ID 2299550.1)
Last updated on JULY 08, 2019
Applies to:My Oracle Support - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Conflict checker in My Oracle Support does not check conflict in patches correctly.
To reproduce problem:
For detail steps, refer : How to Use the My Oracle Support Conflict Checker Tool for Patches Installed with OPatch [Video] (<Document 1091294.1>)
1) Login to My Oracle Support.
2) Go to 'Patch and Update' tab
3) Select patch by id or product/platforms.
4) Select patch file and a patch window shows up.
5) Push 'Analyze with Opatch' to check conflict with installed patches.
--> The result is, however, different from the output from an opatch command provided with the product.
Reported on My Oracle Support 17.3.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document