Oracle Software Configuration Manager: Disconnected Mode Collection
(Doc ID 453412.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 30, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Configuration Manager - Version 10.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer can choose to run Oracle Configuration Manager (OCM) Collectors in either connected or disconnected mode. This FAQ focuses specifically on issues related to running OCM Collectors in "disconnected mode" and using My Oracle Support to view these configuration.
References: In My Oracle Support, choose the main tab Collector to find the following information:
- OCM Pre-recorded Training
- OCM Installation and Administration Guide
- OCM Prerequisites
- OCM Network Connection Methods and Tests
- OCM Frequently Asked Questions (<Note 369111.5>)
For information about My Oracle Support, check the left pane section Using It.
Disconnected Mode offers the following functionality:
- Use OCM in disconnected mode to collect and upload configurations when a direct internet connection from your host machine to Oracle is not possible.
- Configurations created in disconnected mode have the same content as those created in connected mode.
- Configurations created in disconnected mode but are maintained with regular manual uploads benefit from the same Healthchecks and Proactive notifications as those that upload automatically through connected mode.
- My Oracle Support viewing and usage of configurations is same in both connected and disconnected modes.
- NEW: OCM and RDA integration provides mechanism for uploading both diagnostic and configuration information to Oracle as an attachment to an SR.
How does disconnected mode collection and upload work
1. Customer performs OCM disconnected mode collection and transports disconnected mode collection package to a machine that is connected to the internet.
2. Customer installs Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) 4 - OCM/RDA Package - <Note 314422.1> - on the machine connected to the internet, and uses OCM/RDA to attach disconnected mode collections to an existing SR or to a draft SR.
3. MetaLink identifies the collection package attached to the SR and loads the configuration information into SCM.
4. A new collection run and upload is needed to update configurations created using OCM disconnected mode.
How to Get Started
For more information on My Oracle Support, view the datasheet, SCM FAQ, flash demo or visit Oracle.com. For more information on OCM Disconnected Mode collection, view the OCM Installation and Administration Guide, or OCM FAQ.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Questions and Answers|
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|Disconnected Mode Basics|