FMW Control WebCenter Domain is Missing the 'Application Deployment' Option When Connected as 'Deployer' User
Last updated on DECEMBER 17, 2015
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Enterprise Manager for Fusion Middleware - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This issue occurs when deploying custom WebCenter Portal applications using Fusion Middleware Control (e.g. http://<hostname>:7001/em).
How To Reproduce:
- Create a user with 'Deployer' and 'Operators' groups assigned.
This 'Deployment user' does not have the 'Administrator' group assigned.
- Login to the Fusion Middleware Control (Enterprise Manager) as the 'weblogic' user, you can deploy applications successfully.
These are the steps to deploy the application when logged on as the 'weblogic' user:
1. Navigate to <Farm name> -> Weblogic Domain Name.
2. Right click on the domain name -> The menu has a number of options. Use the 'Application Deployment' option from this menu to deploy the application.
- However, if you logon to Fusion Middleware Control as this 'Deployment' user with the 'Deployer' and 'Operators' groups assigned, the 'Application Deployment' option is missing from this menu.
Therefore cannot use this user to deploy applications.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms