OEM 12c – "The pluggable database <databaseName> is down" Error When Database Is Up
Last updated on JANUARY 11, 2018
Applies to:Enterprise Manager for Oracle Database - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Symptoms for this issue include:
- OEM 12c will repeatedly show fatal errors in the OEM alert log such as the following:
- Checking status in Enterprise Summary of OEM 12c will show the database as down.
- Logging in to the database with normal user account is successful.
- A SQL query of the database status will show it as up and normal (i.e – query of V$PDBS, etc).
- Alert logs may contain ORA-28000 (account locked), ORA-28002 (password will expire) and/or ORA-28001 (password has expired) errors for user dbsnmp.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms