EM 13.5c: How To Configure ‘Out Of Band Emails’ With TLS/SSL Authentication For OMS & Repository Target Availability Alerts
(Doc ID 2901525.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2022
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How to configure 'out of band emails' for 'OMS & Repository (oracle_emrep)" Target' Availability Alerts with TLS or SSL authentication.
- ‘Out of Band email’ notification is a mechanism that is used to send an email notification when the "OMS and Repository database (oracle_emrep)" target is down, in order to alert the EM Administrator that the OMS is not available.
- This is done via the oracle_emrep target’ response metric using emrepresp.pl.
- If the status is down, then using emrepdown.pl script, an email will be sent to the EM administrator.
- This feature was not supported to use with TLS/SSL authentication mechanism.
- Starting from Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13.5 Release Update 8 (EM 13.5 RU8), the ‘Out Of Band Emails’ can be configured along with TLS/SSL authentication mechanism.
- The RU8 or higher patch should be applied on both, OMS and central Agent which monitors oracle_emrep target.
EM 13c, 12c: How to Set Up Out Of Band Email Notification for OMS and Repository Database Targets in Enterprise Manager Cloud Control (Doc ID 1472854.1)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document