How to load a heap dump into the AD4J console for heap analysis
(Doc ID 558792.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 31, 2021
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 10.2.0.4 to 10.2.0.5 [Release 10.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- successfully installed Application Diagnostics for Java (AD4J) version 10.2.0.x
- accessed the web GUI of the AD4J Console (also known as jamserver) from a browser
- downloaded the appropriate java agent for a J2EE container and successfully installed it as an application to that container
- successfully invoked, via the AD4J console, a request for the desired JVM to record a heap dump file
- inspected the resulting dump file (dump file location is configurable but by default will be a file of the name heapdumpN.txt located in /tmp) and confirmed the dump file was complete and had a last line of the format:
This document illustrates the remain steps needed to load the resultant heap dump into the AD4J console, so that the heap dump can be analyzed using the Heap Analysis functionality in the AD4J console.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document