Pivoting/Zoom in Smart View Creating Blank Cells/Rows
Last updated on APRIL 19, 2018
Applies to:Hyperion Essbase - Version 220.127.116.11.000 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When zooming out on a member, Excel is keeping the extra rows, i.e. they remain blank and cause Excel spreadsheet to considerably increase in size.
Steps that show the issue:
1. Connect to Sample/Basic via Smart View.
2. Create a sheet in the following layout:
3. Save the file. The size of the file on disk should be 16kb.
4. Note the scroll bar on the side.
5. In Smart View Options, set the "Zoom in Level" to Bottom level.
6. Zoom in one member at a time using Essbase node of Smart View. This creates 1262 Rows.
7. Zoom out on any of the members, note Excel is keeping the rows, they remain blank.
This causes the Excel spreadsheet to considerably increase in size. When saved, the Excel workbook size increases. This behavior may affect the refresh performance.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms