OBIEE 11g|12c: How To Restrict Analytics Logins From a Hostname, IP Address or IP Range
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition - Version N/A and later
Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You have installed your OBIEE System and you may have the following topology scenarios for access:
- client > HTTP Server > Weblogic (OBIEE /analytics and other URLs)
- client > E-Business Suite (E-BS , EBS) > HTTP Server > Weblogic (OBIEE /analytics and other URLs)
- client > Peoplesoft > HTTP Server > Weblogic (OBIEE /analytics and other URLs)
- client > Portal > HTTP Server > Weblogic (OBIEE /analytics and other URLs)
These are just basic common topologies or scenarios. Your topology may vary (i.e. - no HTTP Server, etc.).
- You would like to force all incoming traffic via the "front-end".
- You would like to restrict any traffic from accessing OBIEE analytics directly so that it is only accessed via the intended topology path.
- This document points you to the high-level information on how you can achieve this. Architecting systems is out of the scope of OBIEE product support
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms