OBIEE 11g|12c: How To Restrict Analytics Logins From a Hostname, IP Address or IP Range
(Doc ID 1989386.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition - Version N/A and later
Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You have installed your OBIEE System and you may have the following topology scenarios for access:
- client > HTTP Server > Weblogic (OBIEE /analytics and other URLs)
- client > E-Business Suite (E-BS , EBS) > HTTP Server > Weblogic (OBIEE /analytics and other URLs)
- client > Peoplesoft > HTTP Server > Weblogic (OBIEE /analytics and other URLs)
- client > Portal > HTTP Server > Weblogic (OBIEE /analytics and other URLs)
These are just basic common topologies or scenarios. Your topology may vary (i.e. - no HTTP Server, etc.).
- You would like to force all incoming traffic via the "front-end".
- You would like to restrict any traffic from accessing OBIEE analytics directly so that it is only accessed via the intended topology path.
- This document points you to the high-level information on how you can achieve this. Architecting systems is out of the scope of OBIEE product support
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document