OBIEE 11g - 220.127.116.11 Install On RHEL 7 (x86-64) Pre-requiste Check Fails Due To Missing Packages
(Doc ID 2064016.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 17, 2019
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
- You are working on an install for OBIEE 22.214.171.124 on RHEL 7 and receive errors during the pre-requisite checks for missing packages.
- You checked the System Requirements and Certification for OBIEE Installs on Unix and the list of packages only goes up to RHEL 6.
- You checked the Certification Matrix and it shows compatibility between 126.96.36.199 and RHEL 7.
- there is a workaround in MOS to use "./runInstaller –ignoreSysPrereqs" for an 188.8.131.52 install, however, you did not want to simply do that without verifying the correct packages were installed.
- During the Prerequisite checks you received the following errors:
Checking recommended operating system packages
Checking for compat-libcap1-1.10; Not found. Failed <<<<
Checking for compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-x86_64; Not found. Failed <<<<
Checking for libstdc++-devel-4.8.2-x86_64; Not found. Failed <<<<
Checking for sysstat-10.1.5; Not found. Failed <<<<
Checking for gcc-4.8.2; Not found. Failed <<<<
Checking for gcc-c++-4.8.2; Not found. Failed <<<<
Checking for ksh-...; Not found. Failed <<<<
Checking for glibc-devel-2.17-x86_64; Not found. Failed <<<<
Checking for libaio-devel-0.3.109-x86_64; Not found. Failed <<<<
Check complete. The overall result of this check is: Failed <<<<
Problem: Some recommended packages are missing (see above).
Recommendation: You may actually have installed packages which have obsoleted these, in which case you can successfully continue with the install. If you have not, it is recommended that you do not continue. Refer to the product release notes to find out how to get the missing packages and update the system.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document