Last updated on APRIL 25, 2016
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 12g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Steps to reproduce issue
- Log into OBIEE 12.2.1 Client Administration Tool
- Select File > New Repository
- Enter a new Repository name, Enter a password > Click next
- Select Your Data Source (ex. OCI 10g/11G)
- Put in your Datasource Name (ex. orcl), Username and Password > click next
The BI Administration Tool will pause (spinning cursor) for a while and come back with an error message similar to
"the connection has failed [NQSError 17014] Could not Connect to the Oracle Database. [NQSError 17014] Oracle Error code 12170, ORA-12170: at OCI call OCIServerAttach" or "No ODBC system datasource is defined for Oracle BI Server. Please set it up first", depending on your connection type."
New Installation of OBIEE 12.2.1 Client on Windows
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms