OBIEE 12c: Japanese on Graph Title Turned Garbled when Exporting to Excel or PowerPoint
Last updated on DECEMBER 24, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
Japanese characters on graph legend turned garbled or tofu when exporting to Excel or PowerPoint.
This issue occur only on Windows environment in 12c, and doesn't occur on Linux environment in 12c.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create new analysis using Sample Sales Lite.
2. Results tab: View Pane -> New view: graph > bar
3. Edit Graph property >Table and Labels > Axis title
4. Set title on Horizontal Axis in Japanese
5. Click Export this analysis -> Excel 2007+ (or PPT)
Japanese characters on graph title turned garbled.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms