OBIEE 11g: Column Prompt that has Descriptor ID returns Unexpected Value
(Doc ID 2178506.1)
Last updated on APRIL 02, 2020
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52.150120 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Column Prompt that has Descriptor ID returns Unexpected Value. You can reproduce the issue with the following steps:
1. Open the repository and navigate to the Business Models and Mapping.
2. Click the logical column (ex. <DEPARTMENT NAME>) properties and set "Descriptor ID Column"(ex. <DEPARTMENT CODE>).
This logical column is related to the Logical Dimension (Hierarchy).
"Descriptor ID Column" is set on the same level of logical Dimension as logical column.
Example of Logical Dimension Hierarchy:
Logical Dimension Level 1
- <ORGANIZATION NAME>
- <ORGANIZATION CODE>
Logical Dimension Level 2
- <DEPARTMENT NAME>
- <DEPARTMENT CODE>
3. Go to the Analytics and create a dashboard prompt for the above: <ORGANIZATION NAME> and <DEPARTMENT NAME>.
Create a "<ORGANIZATION NAME>" dashboard prompt, and add column prompt for "<DEPARTMENT NAME>" and limited values by "<ORGANIZATION NAME>".
4. Paste the dashboard prompt on the dashboard page and select <ORGANIZATION NAME>.
Next go to the <DEPARTMENT NAME>. The list of value is limited by <ORGANIZATION NAME>, which is correct.
5. Press "Apply." The value for <DEPARTMENT NAME> has changed to another value that is not belong to the <ORGANIZATION NAME>.
Set the "Descriptor ID column" for the logical column.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document