Last updated on SEPTEMBER 07, 2016
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52.150120 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Column Prompt that has Descriptor ID returns Unexpected Value. You can reproduce the issue with the following steps:
1. Open the repository and navigate to the Business Models and Mapping.
2. Click the logical column (ex. Department Name) properties and set "Descriptor ID Column"(ex. Department Code).
This logical column is related to the Logical Dimension (Hierarchy).
"Descriptor ID Column" is set on the same level of logical Dimension as logical column.
Example of Logical Dimension Hierarchy:
Logical Dimension Level 1
- Organization Name
- Organization Code
Logical Dimension Level 2
- Department Name
- Department Code
3. Go to the Analytics and create a dashboard prompt for the above: Organization Name and Department Name.
Create a "Organization Name" dashboard prompt, and add column prompt for "Department Name" and limited values by "Organization Name".
4. Paste the dashboard prompt on the dashboard page and select Organization Name.
Next go to the Department Name. The list of value is limited by Organization Name, which is correct.
5. Press "Apply." The value for Department Name has changed to another value that is not belong to the Organization Name.
Set the "Descriptor ID column" for the logical column.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms