OBIEE 11g/12C - Unable to Access XML Files Using 'Open Metadata Dictionary' Option in Chrome, Firefox and Safari Browsers
Last updated on APRIL 09, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 11g to 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 126.96.36.199 and above (including 12.2.1.x) versions of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) Analytics, the below scenario is noticed:
- Set the Metadata Dictionary as per the steps in the below Oracle documentation:
- Open browsers like Chrome,Firefox and Safari ,and access OBI Analytics
- Click on New > Analysis > Subject_Area > Choose 'Open Metadata Dictionary' option
- Notice that a new window opens displaying the dictionary without proper formatting
- On attempting to open any link (using browsers like Chrome,Firefox and Safari), the below error is encountered:
"Error 404--Not Found
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.4.5 404 Not Found
The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.
If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms