Ad Hoc Analysis Can Be Executed On SmartView Without The Credential
(Doc ID 2619879.1)
Last updated on JULY 26, 2022
Applies to:Hyperion Essbase - Version 18.104.22.168.025 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Even if executing disconnect all in SmartView, it seems the connections are not disconnected from Essbase server.
Therefore, the user can execute Ad hoc analysis on SmartView without the credential.
(1) In SmartView, go to Private Connections, and then choose Essbase server.
(2) Click on the expand icon "+" next to <EssbaseClusterName>, and input credentials in the prompt and connect.
(3) All applications are listed under <EssbaseClusterName>.
Choose <APPLICATION> -> <DB>, and then click Connect.
(4) Click Ad hoc analysis.
-> Ad-hoc grid is created on worksheet.
(5) Click the black triangle icon, then click "Disconnect All".
(6) Now choose the same Essbase server again. Click to expand <EssbaseClusterName>.
-> Applications are shown under <EssbaseClusterName> (without asking for login).
(7) Navigate to <APPLICATION> -> <DB>, and click Connect.
(8) It is prompted to provide login credentials (as expected).
Click Cancel first.
(9) Now go to a different application.
Click another <APPLICATION> -> <DB>, and click Connect.
-> No prompt for credentials.
(10) Click Ad hoc analysis.
(11) Choose Clear sheet contents and POV.
-> Ad-hoc grid for another <APPLICATION>.<DB> is shown on the worksheet without the credential.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document