Act-As Fails With Error: This Functionality Has Not Been Enabled By Your Service Administrator.
(Doc ID 2883364.1)
Last updated on JULY 25, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Analytics Server - Version 5.9.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In OAS 2-node clustered environment Act-As fails with error: This functionality has not been enabled by your service administrator.
The following steps have been performed:
1) Enabled ACT-AS OAS deprecated feature as per document:
How To Enable Oracle Analytics Server (OAS) Deprecated Features That Are Disabled By Default (Doc ID 2622528.1)
2) Followed the process of configuring Act As similar to the one in OBIEE 12c.
1. "Defining the Association Between Proxy Users and Target Users"
2. "Creating Session Variables for Proxy Functionality"
3. "Modifying the Configuration File Settings for Proxy Functionality"
4. "Creating a Custom Message Template for Proxy Functionality"
5. "Assigning the Proxy Privilege"
3) Made sure that the name of the custom messages folder located within ‘…/bidata/components/OBIPS’ is set to 'custommessages' and restarted the services.
However, Act-As still fails with "This functionality has not been enabled by your service administrator."
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document