E1: UPG: Considerations For Running Parallel Application Releases on AS400 iSeries During EnterpriseOne Upgrade
(Doc ID 1066557.1)
Last updated on APRIL 23, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version S13 and later
IBM i on POWER Systems
This document provides the following information on running two versions of Oracle JDE EnterpriseOne software during an application release upgrade.
1. Can Oracle JDE OneWorld Xe and JDE EnterpriseOne 9.0 application release levels, run parallel on the same database? The database in this case being DB2/400 (IBM iSeries AS/400 box).
2. Assuming both EnterpriseOne application releases can run in parallel, what are the set-ups, interfaces etc, required for both versions to run in the system?
3. What are the risks foreseen in such situation?
4. What are the limitations and constraints, in case, both EnterpriseOne application releases versions cannot run parallel on the same database?
5. Can the load of the OWJRNL library of PPACK be disabled Before running the PPack?
6. Will the PPpack fails if OWJRNL or JDEOW already exists on the System ?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document