E1: 43: Amount Does Not Balance To Gross Error (0088) When Changing Line Amount
Last updated on NOVEMBER 24, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Procurement
Voucher Match (P4314)
When attempting to create a voucher for a purchase order and changing the Amount to Voucher on one line from 7.26 to 7.67 where one of two items has been shipped after the receipt but before creating the voucher, the following error occurs.
Amount Does not Balance to Gross Error (0088)
CAUSE . . . . Your G/L distribution amount does not balance to the distribution amount calculated by the program.
RESOLUTION. . Change your distribution to balance to the amount calculated by the program. For information on how the distribution amount was calculated refer to the help instructions for this program.
In the logs F0911FSEditDoc OUT data structure shows a .01 difference between the sum of debits and credits
Nov 08 14:07:21.404016 - 16552/13320 WRK:AKEITH_0891AE78_P4314 OUT->[ 4] : mnRemainingAmount : MATH_NUMERIC : [.01]
The issue was reproduced with the following steps:
- Create a new Inventory Item with a Unit Cost of 3.63.
- Create a second inventory item with a Unit Cost of 11.00.
- Create a purchase order for two of the first item (Extended Amount = 7.26) and one of the second item (Extended Amount = 11.00).
- Receive both Items at the Purchase Order Cost.
- Check Availability (P41202) there are 2 items on-hand for the first item number.
- Create a Sales Order for a quantity of one for the first item.
- Ship Confirm the sales order.
- Check Availability (P41202) now there is only 1 item on-hand for the first item number.
- Create new voucher (P4314) for purchase order (951 OP).
- Take Form Exit to Receipts to Match.
- Select receipt for purchase order (951 OP) with line 1 at 2 units at 3.63 per unit. Remember only 1 unit is on-hand in the warehouse after ship confirm.
- Voucher Match screen pulls in 2 units and Amount to Voucher 7.26.
- Change the Amount to Voucher for Line 1 with 2 units from 7.26 (Where Unit Cost is calculated to 2 decimals) to 7.67 (where Unit Cost is changed from 2 to 3 decimals).
- Amount Does not Balance to Gross Error (0088) is displayed. Voucher Match is stopped and cannot be completed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms