E1: 42: Sales Update (R42800)
(Doc ID 2278750.1)
Last updated on MAY 13, 2019
Sales Update is the final step (end of day) in the sales order process. It provides interfaces between Sales Order Processing and other EnterpriseOne modules, such as Inventory, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger.
During the daily processing of sales transactions, the sales system operates independently from other systems (except for inventory). The primary purpose of the sales update program is to interface the sales system with other EnterpriseOne systems.
- Updates the Financials systems by:
- Creating journal entries in the General Ledger (F0911) file.
- Creating receivable records in the Customer Ledger Tag table (F03B11).
- Creating records in the Customer Ledger Tag Table (F03B11T) when Revenue Recognition is active.
- Creating records in the Revenue Recognition Invoice table (F03B116) when Revenue Recognition is active.
- Creating records in the Revenue Recognition GL Info table (F03B117) when Revenue Recognition is active.
- Updates the item's on-hand quantity if not previously done by Shipment Confirmation (P4205).
- Closes out the sales order.
- Purges the closed sales order to the history files if the processing options are set. Files that will be purged and/or moved to history include:
- Sales Order Detail records (F4211) are moved to the Sales Order Detail History File (F42119).
- Sales Order Detail Tag records (F49211) are moved to the Sales Order Detail Tag History File (F49219).
- Sales Header records (F4201) are moved to the Sales Order Header History File (F42019).
- Media Objects storage records (F00165) are purged but not moved to a history file.
- Price Adjustment History records (F4074) are purged but not moved to a history file.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!