E1: 43: 42: Inconsistent Cross-docking Commitment With Split Purchase Order Line (P4614, P4312, P4210)
Last updated on JANUARY 25, 2018
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When а purchase order line is split and several sales order lines tied to these lines then planned cross-docking process results in inconsistent commitment.
1. Make all required settings to activate planned cross-docking (according to Doc ID 638526.1)
2. Create new or use existing item with no available quantity and no open purchase or sales orders.
3. Enter new purchase order #1 consisting of two lines with this item changing line numbers to 1.000/10 ea and 1.001/1000 ea as it would be when line is split (frequently occurs with ST/OT orders).
4. Enter new sales order #1 consisting of two lines with this item 10 (line 1.000) and 100 ea (line 2.000). Change Scheduled Pick date of first line to be later then second. Make sure both lines are back-ordered.
5. Populate the cross-dock supply order number in the sales order detail lines either with SOE-Additional row exit form or in the P4614 Cross Docking workbench application.
6. Receive P4312 both lines of the purchase order #1 and check commitment results in the sales order #1.
Line 1.000 remains backordered, and line 2.000 is committed but split despite the fact that quantity received was enough to satisfy both lines of the sales order. It is not correct.
If the line numbers in purchase order were whole (1.000 and 2.000 for example) then both lines of the sales order would be committed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms