E1: 49: Sales Order Batch Price/Cost Update (R42950) is Cancelling Confirmed Shipments On Shipped Sales Orders
(Doc ID 2497658.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running the R42950 to update exchange rate on transportation orders that have been ship confirmed, it is causing the existing shipment to be cancelled and a new shipment to be generated. This is happening when the Carrier, MOT and Freight handling code originally were originally entered on the sales order header and when those values are updated on the shipment after the shipment is confirmed.
The customers business sometimes requires to correct the MOT or Freight code on the shipment. The shipment originally is created with a 'dummy' carrier, as the carrier is not known at the time the shipment is created, and the driver/carrier has to be updated when the truck collects the shipment / load. The update of the shipment number on the order causes the business to lose the track of the old shipment number and leaves a useless shipment number without any shipping information on it.
STEPS TO DUPLICATE:
1) Enter foreign Transportation order and populate carrier, MOT and Freight code on SO header
2) P4950 make sure route is set up to Not auto-route
3) P4915 Shipment is routed manually with the specified carrier and MOT
4) P0015A Change exchange rate
5) Set Confirmed Shipment status in TMS constants to 30 and the Protected Shipment status in P4915 processing options is 70
6) Approve and Confirm shipment
7) P4915 Shipment revision: blank out MOT, carrier , FRTH
8) Note that carrier and MOT are blanked out in F4211 and F4941 but shipment remains on the order
9) Run R42950 updating the exchange rate on the order
10)Note that existing shipment has been cancelled and a new shipment has been generated for the order
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document