E1: 49: Load Confirm (P49640) Quantities Must Balance (Error ID 0505) When Changing Location on Bulk Compartmentalized In-Transit Load
(Doc ID 2614972.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When performing a load confirm for a compartmentalized in-transit load, the error ‘Quantities Must Balance’ (Error ID 0505), is received if the quantity in the compartments is reduced and the location is changed. This happens in the form W49640B for a bulk item during the load confirm process when using a Connected Vehicle. The issue does not occur if the location (tank) is not changed or if a Connected Vehicle is not used.
The issue can be replicated with the following steps:
- Set up a bulk item in a branch plant configured for bulk processing.
- Add quantity to two locations (tanks) to have available inventory in two different locations.
- Set up a connected vehicle with one tractor and two trailers used for bulk inventory.
- Create a sales order that will generate a shipment.
- Create an in-transit compartmentalized load. Use the connected vehicle established in step 3 on the load.
- Split the quantity on the load into both trailers on the connected vehicle.
- Tender and approve the tender (if necessary).
- Approve the load.
- Confirm the load. After the first screen of load confirm, the form W4960B appears. On this form, reduce the quantity in each compartment (vehicle) and change the location on one of the tanks to a location with enough quantity available. The error Quantities Must Balance (0505) appears.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document