E1: 32: Upper and Lower Value Limits not Validated Correctly in Configured Item Revisions (P3210) for Single Pass When a Segment is Calculated by a C Rule
(Doc ID 2661814.1)
Last updated on MAY 07, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a required numeric segment has an Upper Limit of Value, if a C Assembly Inclusion Rule is inadvertently set up to violate this limit, the P3210 will not error upon configuration. The system will allow the configuration to process and add the Sales Order.
This occurs when the configured item is set up as Single Pass. The error will display when the Configured item is set up as Non-dynamic or Dynamic.
1. Create a Configured item in the Item Master/Item Branch (P4101/P41026).
2. Find the Configured Item in Configured Item Segments, P3291; take the row exit to Configured Item Info and select Single Pass.
3. In Configured Item Segments Revision (P3291), make one of the segments required, numeric, Lower Limit of Value = 0 and Upper Limit of Value = 50.
4. Create a C Assembly Inclusion Rule (P3293) where the segment in step 3 will be calculated as 60 (outside the Limits of Value for this segment).
5. Created a Sales Order (P4210) for the Configured item.
6. When the system calls the P3210, notice that the system immediately accepts the value for the numeric segment that falls outside of the range.
7. Return to the Configured Item Information screen and change the item to Non-dynamic.
8. Re-test with a new Sales Order; when the system calls the P3210, notice that the system immediately displays the following error:
Error: Value Not Within Range of Limits
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document