E1:SEC: Long Password Feature "Maximum Consecutive Characters" & "Minimum Number Of Characters" not Work by Force Immediate Password Change
(Doc ID 2662013.1)
Last updated on MAY 12, 2020
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Enable Long Password Feature
- Set Global Password Policy like following
- Confirm F98OWSEC *POLICY record binary data set to "4.|0.|1.|3.|0....."
- Check on “Force Immediate Password Change”
- Enter following as new password
A123 and AB123 are denied and Character Error occurs.
- AAA1 & AABB are denied and Consecutive Character Error occurs.
- ABC123 or A1B2C3 are accessible. So “Maximum Consecutive Characters” works like “Minimum Number Of Characters” and “Minimum Number Of Characters” works like “Maximum Consecutive Characters”.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.