E1: 42: Sales Order Entry (P4210/P42101) for an Item with Non Blank Primary Location and No Availability Does Not Display 'Order Quantity Exceeds what's Available' Warning Message with Availability Checking Active
(Doc ID 2711962.1)
Last updated on MAY 13, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Sales Order Entry (P4210/P42101) with Availability Checking active to Activate, notify, and backorder or cancel, when an order is created for an item with a non blank primary location with no available quantity in that location, the Order Quantity Exceeds what's Available warning message is NOT displayed. If the item has a non blank primary location WITH a lot/serial number and no available quantity in that location, Sales Order Entry correctly displays the Order Quantity Exceeds what's Available warning message.
The item with the non blank primary location and no available quantity should display the 'Order Quantity Exceeds what's Available' warning message and process the line per setup including backordering or cancelling the line.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create an item branch record with a non blank primary location and a lot/serial number, location 1.. and lot/serial 1234.
- Create additional secondary locations 2.. and 3.. for the item branch.
- Adjust inventory into location 2..
- In the P4210 version, activate availability checking, option 1 on the Commitment tab indicates a value of 1.
- Create a sales order for the item. The primary location 1.. lot/serial 1234 default into the order line. Tab off the line and note the Order Quantity Exceeds what's Available warning message is displayed. Cancel the order.
- Change the primary location for the item to 3.. Note this location does not have a lot/serial number nor does this location have inventory.
- Using the same version of sales order entry, create a sales order for the item. Note the new primary location 3.. defaults into the order detail line. No warning message is received when the user tabs down to the next line.
- The order detail line is created at status 520 540 according to the order activity rules.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document